Tuesday 28 February 2012

The Modern Bride

So as you will all know from last weeks post, Simply Bows and Chair Covers are due to exhibit at The Wedding Carnival at Salford City Stadium on March 24th 2012.  The theme we have chosen as part of the 'Inspiration Zone' is 'Modern Bride.'

You may also know that Simply Bows and Chair Covers like to try something different when it comes to our wedding fayres.  A lot of companies will just display the standard chair covers and bows.  Now I am more than happy to provide this, but I also love to be a bit more creative.  A display that stands out from the rest  is more likely to pull people my way so the Wedding Carnival is the perfect excuse for me to be that little bit creative.  The inspiration zone and the organisers, All Wrapped Up Events, are inspiring us to be different and non conventional. Why have a trestle table, when we can have haybales?! 

So when it came to the modern bride, I found myself asking a lot of questions.  What is the modern bride? Who is the modern bride? What does the modern bride want?  In researching this I have found myself reevaluating my business and the way I present it.  Yes the conventional bow will always be popular, because quite frankly, when done right they look fantastic.  But with this show I am aiming to be one step ahead, with a classy, understated yet elegant look.  It is said that the vintage phase is being replaced by a more luxiorous and classy trend.  Think understated yet fabulous, soft blush petals with tones of gold and lots of light.  Make sure you visit us at The Wedding Carnival to see what we come up with! Here's a few hints...


luxe
metallic

glamorous
soft pastel tones
champagne

Gold wedding reception by www.media.theknot.com, rose & gold wedding colours by www.weddinggownguides.com, gold cutlery from Rue Magazine, dress from Rachel Zoes new 2012 collection. All via www.pinterest.com.
Cake from www.beautifulweddings.tumblr.com, blush flowers in mercury glass vases by www.charlestonmag.com, white and gold table settings by www.elizabethannedesigns.com.  All pictures from www.pinterest.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment